For your convenience please have a look at the attached map and explanation of how we are managing boat, vehicle, and trailer parking at the landing area. This is based on our Land Use Permit and direction from MNR. BLUE Region on the MAP:This are…
For your convenience please have a look at the map and explanation of how we are managing boat, vehicle, and trailer parking at the landing area. This is based on our Land Use Permit and direction from MNR. You can download the attached pdf if you’d like to print your own colour copy.
BLUE Region on the MAP:
This area is designated for boat caches.
MNR requires that all boats be registered under a recreational boat cache permit.
GREEN Region on the MAP:
This area is designated for motor vehicle parking.
Due to limited space, MNR has stated that trailers and boats should not be stored in this area. MNR has allowed an exception for a small number of trailers belonging to permanent Malachi residents and property owners who come from far away and stay for the summer. Utility trailers used for transporting goods can be parked temporarily however extended or repeated abuse will not be tolerated.
RED Region on the MAP:
Please keep this area clear for helicopter use in the event of emergencies, transportation of building materials or government use.
YELLOW Hatched Region on the MAP:
This area is all part of our Land Use Permit which means we have to keep it clean and garbage free. We are not allowed to mow down the trees for parking or otherwise develop it.
ALL OTHER AREAS on the MAP:
This is crown land and parking of vehicles and boats are subject to MNR approval and removal.
1. The Ministry of Natural Resources Land Use Permit is issued to the Malachi Volunteer Road Association for boat and vehicle parking. The fee for this permit is more than $3,000 per year.
2. If you park your vehicle or boat within the Land Use Permit area and your fees are not paid up, you can be found guilty of trespassing and may be subject to a fine and/or removal of your vehicle or boat.
3. The Malachi Forest Access Road does not form part of the Land Use Permit and is to remain free and open to public travel.
4. No further improvements are to be placed on the permit area without prior written approval of MNR.
5. Cottages with more than one vehicle using the road on a regular basis are requested to purchase an additional parking permit for $50.00 from MCA. This will help to pay for wear and tear on the road.
6. By avoiding extended or repeated trailer and boat storage in the GREEN zone you are being considerate to other campers who would like to park their motor vehicle closer to the landing and you are helping to minimize our footprint on the landscape. Abuse could result in a fine and/or removal of your vehicle or boat.